Klondike Development Organization is a partnership of City of Dawson, Dawson City Chamber of Commerce, Klondike Visitors Association, Dawson City Arts Society and Chief Isaac Incorporated, the development corporation of the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in.
Current KDO Activities
One of KDO’s areas of focus has been to alleviate the rental housing shortage in our community. We’ve now built and operate two 8 unit rental apartment complexes.
KDO also continues to engage with partners to find solutions to local problems, to encourage investment in Dawson City, and deliver community and economic development projects jointly funded by Yukon Government, Department of Economic Development, and the City of Dawson.
A resilient Klondike where highly engaged citizens, networks and organizations collaborate to build a sustainable economy.
To focus multi-stakeholder collaboration on diversifying and strengthening the local economic base through:
- pro-active strategies and services aimed at retaining and growing a healthy business base
- increasing access to equity investment capital
- strengthening economic and social sectors critical to the future of the Klondike
- addressing strategic gaps in services
- fostering sustainable, incremental population growth through community revitalization: leveraging Dawson’s assets towards achieving a population level and demographic profile that would support a wider range of goods and services.